50g Turnout with Belly Cover
- 1200 denier microporous PU waterproof and breathable outer
- 50g insulating polyfill
- Elasticated, adjustable and removable no fill belly cover
- Spare surcingles for traditional use
- Large reflective shoulder darts
- Reflective tail flap
- Large tail darts to restrict lifting in high winds
- Surcingle fastenings with rubber washers for additional security
- Soft nylon lining throughout to promote shine
- Seamless at the base of the neck to reduce rubbing
- Removable and adjustable leg straps
- Alternative fillet string
- Velcro neck fastenings
- Adjustable chest fastenings with clips
- D rings for optional neck cover (sold separately https://www.mudrugs.com/products/50g-neck-cover)
- Available in sizes 5'0 to 7'0
Our lightweight is a generous, adjustable fit, but true to size in terms of length. With a double row of fastenings on both sides of the rug, the belly cover is adjustable to 3 levels - for optimum fit we recommend the elastic to be in light contact with your horses belly. If your horse is between sizes and particularly heavy, you might prefer to go up a size. For the smaller horses/ponies, particularly if they are a fine build, you may prefer to go down one size.
Still unsure? Ask for our advice via email@example.com and expect a same a day response. Be sure to add us to safe senders (or double check your junk mailbox).
During high use we recommend occasionally cleaning the inside of the rug at the chest, withers and along the mane. This is typically where grease builds up on the soft lining, restricting the hair from moving freely underneath. Wiping only with hot water, just once a month and allowing to dry can maintain comfort for your horse and reduce the chance of rubbing or hair loss.